As Church Leaders, we are fully aware that God has created each of us with our own unique gifts. And when it comes to ministry, it is joy to work in our area of giftedness as it seems to provide a sense of purpose and meaning.
So why should business activities be any different? Does the fact that we obtain a paycheck for services rendered call us to perform tasks that we do not know how to do or do not do well? That is a question to be answered.
Outsourcing in the Business World is a much more common practice than in the Church World. However, Churches outsource all of the time without realizing that that they are doing so. Say for instance, your heating system breaks down, is someone on staff responsible for fixing it? Or how about copier maintenance and repair. Other than the typical paper jam, is a member of your staff responsible for performing the required maintenance on your machine? Absolutely not. The Church contacts the appropriate person who has the time, experience and know how to correct the problem.
So when it comes to the administrative tasks of running your Church or Ministry, why should it be any different?
Here are 5 reasons you should consider outsourcing some or all of the administrative tasks of your Church.
1. You receive skilled expertise in areas of weakness. Pastors and Church Secretaries are good at many things but they do not know how to do everything. At times there is a desire to implement something new with no idea of how to accomplish it. Outsourcing accomplishes this.
2. Greater Efficiency. Efficiency saves everyone time. Everyone is already pressed for time so any means of time saving is an asset. Outsourcing accomplishes this.
3. Increased Effectiveness. When we are working on our strengths, we are not frustrated with our weaknesses thus causing greater effectiveness in what we are doing. Outsourcing accomplishes this.
4. Joy. When we are working at our full capacity and increased efficiency, we have a greater sense of joy in completing our assignments. Outsourcing accomplishes this.
5. Increased Ministry Offerings. A good outsource partner not only brings greater efficiency and allows you to accomplish more, they all bring new creative ideas and resources to your ministry.
From my experience as both a Business Support Consultant and a Church Ministry Leader, Churches are attempting to do very much with very little. Churches operate on a budget of tithing and we understand that. As tithing varies, so can the existence of the ministry.
Therefore, we offer solutions that will help you maintain your level of ministry without draining your Church’s budget.
So how do you know who you can trust to outsource your administrative, bookkeeping and technical assignments to?
1. Do your research. Get to know the person in charge of the outsourcing company that you are considering.
2. Get references and contact them. Although testimonials may be listed on a website, ask to speak to the company heads that wrote those testimonials.
3. Make sure you agree with how the work you assign will be processed. Remember, the individual of the company is not a Church employee so be sure that you agree with the work ethics and integrity of this individual prior to pursuing an outsourcing relationship.
So, how much does outsourcing cost?
It all depends on the specific solutions that are implemented for your Church. Plans begin as low as $100/month and can greatly increase your bottom line and effectiveness as a Kingdom Ministry.
Consider contacting us today to get to know us a little better and find out more about the solutions we can offer you.